Monday, August 6, 2012

Robert Carter #999091; May 31, 2000


To the Davis family, I am sorry for all of the pain that I caused your family. It was me and me alone. Anthony Graves had nothing to do with it. I lied on him in court. My wife had nothing to do with it. Anthony Graves don't even know anything about it. My wife don't know anything about it. But, I hope that you can find your peace and comfort in strength in Christ Jesus alone. Like I said, I am sorry for hurting your family. And it is a shame that it had to come to this. So I hope that you don't find peace, not in my death, but in Christ. Cause He is the only one that can give you the strength that you need.And to my family, I love you. Ah, you have been a blessing to me and I love you all and one day I will see y'all, so I hope y'all find y'all peace, comfort, and strength in Christ Jesus alone, because that's where it's at. Abul, behold your son, and Anitra, behold your mother. I love you. I am ready to go home and be with my Lord.


Offender information

The Anthony Graves mentioned in Carter's statement spent 18 years on death row for a crime he did not commit. He was finally released in 2010, a decade after Carter's execution. He is currently one of the hosts of KPFT Houston's groundbreaking program, The Prison Show.

For additional information about Carter's execution, please see this Associated Press article


No comments:

Post a Comment