Thursday, May 10, 2012

George Cardova #706; February 10, 1999



The official record of Cordova's last statement is as follows:


For the pain I have caused you. I am ashamed to even look at your faces. You are great people. To my brothers on Death Row. Mexico, Mexico…(Spanish).


Additional content of his statement were reported by Michael Graczyk in his Associated Press article on the execution:



'If I could die a hundred times to bring him back I would do it," he said while looking toward his victim's brother, Alfred Hernandez, who watched through glass a few feet away.


"I just don't know what to say to relieve your pain. I'm embarrassed to see your face because I feel your pain ... I hope you all can take this bad experience and turn it into something positive." He continued: "If I see your brother I'm going to hug him. I don't think I'm worth (sic) to be anywhere near where he's at. If he will allow me to be his servant, I'll tie his shoes. I'll do anything. I'm just sorry," he told Hernandez. The brother, his eyes watering, returned the nod.


Cordova told his family: "I am strong, but I did wrong and I have to face up to it. I want to suffer and suffer hard." He then began speaking in Spanish in apparent prayer before the drugs were administered.'


Offender information








No comments:

Post a Comment